Pharmaceutical Chemistry Department
Pharmaceutical chemistry is the discipline at the intersection of chemistry, especially synthetic organic chemistry, and pharmacology and various other biological specialties, where they are involved with design, chemical synthesis and development for market of pharmaceutical agents, or bio-active molecules (drugs).
Practically speaking, it involves chemical aspects of identification, and then systematic, thorough synthetic alteration of new chemical entities to make them suitable for therapeutic use. Pharmaceutical chemistry is focused on quality aspects of medicines and aims to assure fitness for purpose of medicinal products by analyzing & evaluating them as per the quality control standards.
To create competent chemists & analysts through innovative ideas, recent concepts & trends in the field of pharmaceutical chemistry.
To inculcate training & research attitude in students & faculty by providing academic ambience in area of synthetic & analytical chemistry.
- To improve the knowledge base required for synthesis, isolation, purification and characterization of various pharmaceuticals.
- To improve skills for effective handling of chemicals, glasswares and analytical instruments.
- To equip students with the appropriate qualities & skills required to fulfill job responsibilities as chemists in pharmaceutical, chemical and biomedical industries.
- To provide enduring atmosphere and encourage students & faculty for research activity.
- To train faculty & students in safe handling of chemicals & creating awareness about hazardous effects of chemicals