Pharmaceutics is the discipline of pharmacy that deals with the process of turning a new chemical entity into a medication to be used safely and effectively by patients. It is also called the science of dosage form design. Pharmaceutics helps relate the formulation of drugs to their delivery and disposition in the body. Pharmaceutics deals with the formulation of a pure drug substance into a dosage form.
The Department of Pharmaceutics is committed to create highly trained, versatile, ethical professionals needed for providing quality medicines for health care services.
To get recognized as a top-tier education and research center in pharmaceutics through innovative approaches in teaching, training, and research.
- To provide adequate knowledge & skills to develop quality medicines & cosmetics.
- To update the students with recent technology in the area of pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- To create value based leadership in pharmaceutical care.
- Enrich the professional knowledge through problem solving attitude.
- To assure quality of pharmaceutical formulation offering improved patient compliance & therapeutic efficacy.
DeparBranches of pharmaceutics include:
- Pharmaceutical formulation
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Dispensing Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical Technology
- Physical Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence